We are making changes to Calvary’s website over the next several weeks. Thank you for your patience with any jumbled appearances or incomplete portions.
How to Connect with Calvary during the Coronavirus Closure:
- We have closed Calvary’s building and cancelled all public activities.
- Vacation Bible School for Summer 2020 is cancelled.
- The office manager will maintain time in the office on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 11 AM until 2 PM.
- Pr. Kaiser will keep Summer office hours Monday 11-2, Wednesday 1-4, and Friday 1-4, and by appointment. Call anytime – 715-466-1022 (house), 906-284-2913 (mobile).
- Pr. Kaiser is presenting Sunday sermons and Wednesday lessons on Calvary’s Facebook page and a newly created YouTube Channel. Here is a link to the YouTube Channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjMNIjYKS8DVTrfNkcHvjTA?view_as=subscriber
- Due to the coronavirus, Pr. Kaiser’s ability to visit nursing homes and hospitals is extremely limited. Please have medical staff or family inform Pr. Kaiser of your situation. He will connect to you by phone or through the facility’s chaplain or social worker.
- Funerals and other special services will be delayed or done in a non-traditional manner. We remain at your service, but we may need to be a little creative as we serve you.
Thank you to everyone for your patience and flexibility!
Calvary Lutheran has been a church in Minong, WI for many years. It began as a preaching point and grew to a church with a church building. Our original site was located in downtown Minong. We moved to our current location in 1954.
As a church community we have a diversity of beliefs and backgrounds, but are united in the love of Christ and His call to love one another without judgment or fear. Come visit us on a Sunday and feel for yourself how hospitable and loving we are! Joy pervades our worship and our time together.
If you would like to know more about Calvary Lutheran, stop on by and chat with our pastor, Kevin Kaiser. Pastor Kevin is always willing to spend time to answer questions and get to know you. One of the best ways we can get to know you and you get to know us is, come on by and worship God with us on Sunday.
Calvary Lutheran Church is a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). The ELCA is comprised of over 4.2 million members around the globe. We are also part of the Northwest Synod of Wisconsin in the ELCA.
ELCA Lutherans hold tightly to the sacraments of Communion and Baptism. We take the Bible seriously but not literally, and we believe in the life-changing power of a faithful people coming together for worship, fellowship, and service. The ELCA’s motto is “God’s work, our Hands.” As such, we are proud affiliates and founding members of Lutheran World Relief, Lutheran Social Services, and Lutheran World Federation. All of these organizations are committed to global and local justice and have long histories of providing for the basic needs of people with a low-overhead cost.
If you want to know more about the ELCA or our Lutheran service organizations, what we do and what we believe, visit the website the ELCA website or call Pastor Kevin. He is always willing and excited to talk about what an amazing impact Lutherans are having in this world.